Oh Boy Records 2005
Fair & Square News Release
Sessions at West 54th St
Great Days: The John Prine Anthology
Common Sense Press packet
Prine on the big screen
Speaking Freely 3/30/04
American Routes Part 1&2 8/13/08
On Songwriting & Survival
The College Crowd Digs me 2/06
Old Interview at Oh Boy
Alistair Mabbot interview
A Cancer-Beatin', Country-Singin', Easy-Goin' Guy by Rob O'Connor
Prine's 1999 Personal Message to his fans
JP's Knick Knack Shelf
John Prine Bio Taylor Bowers 2005
Baby Boomer Messiah Jay Jones '98
Bio of John Prine Brian Frain
A John Prine Biography K Douglas '03
John Prine Sue Tillotson Light
Home on the page Dr. Marj Kibby
ONLINE PRINE BIOS
Sing Out! 2006
Oral Cancer Foundation
All Music Guide
John Prine Backpage
Biography Jason Ankeny (note Merle Travis error)
Jpshrine.org is a virtual John Prine biography - full of everything a Prine fan could want!
©Brian David Frain
Mr. Switalski English IV - College Bound 26 April 1996
back to the Biography
Thesis: John Prines efforts as a singer and a songwriter have greatly influenced the music industry.
II. The early years
III. First recordings
A. Success with John Prine
B. Meaningful Diamonds In The Rough
C. Critic disapproval with Sweet Revenge
IV. Trials and tribulation
V. Mood Swings
A. Folk-rock stardom with Bruised Orange
B. Wild and crazy Pink Cadillac
C. Soft and gentle Storm Windows
VI. More problems
VII. Friends Pull Through
A. Varying success with German Afternoons
B. A Grammy nomination
C. Participation on Other Voices, Other Rooms
VIII. Back down to the bottom
A. A cult for fans, and nothing more
B. Possibility of quitting music
IX. Comeback of the decade
A. The Missing Years
B. A John Prine Christmas
C. Great Days: Anthology
D. Lost Dogs and Mixed Blessings
- Cullen, Jim. "Mellencamps Uneasy State of Grace." Review. Rolling Stone, April 2, 1992, pp. 15 & 16.
- Dawson, Pat. "Prime Prine Liner Notes." From WNEW-FM New York Radio, 1976.
- Fricke, David. "Great Days Liner Notes." From Rolling Stone article in John Prine Anthology, 1993, pp. 5-50.
- Kosner, Anthony. "Great Days: The John Prine Anthology." Review. People Weekly, December 20, 1993, p. 27.
- Manning, Kara. "Q & A with John Prine." Rolling Stone, September 21, 1995, p. 36.
- Milward, John. "The Missing Years." Review. Rolling Stone, January 23, 1992, p. 46.
- Prine, John. "No Big Surprise." Red Pajamas, 1994, p.13.
- Puckett, Jeffrey Lee. "Fine Prine: Singing Stories From Everyday Life." The Courier Journal, May 27, 1995, p. 15.
- Puterbaugh, Parke. "Performance: Cowboy Junkies and John Prine." Review. Rolling Stone, May 28, 1992, p. 24.
- Sanz, Cynthia. "Special Delivery." People Weekly, June 29, 1992, p. 61.
- Scelsa, Vin. "Fast Forward: Sounds." Review. Penthouse, February 1992, p. unknown.
- Strauss, Neil. "A Rock Singer Whose Words Sing Too." The New York Times, September 27, 1995, p. B3.
- Unknown. "Heroes at a Hootenanny." Time, March 29, 1993, p. 67.
- Unknown. "The Prine Times." The John Prine Newsletter, available from <http://www.ohboy.com/ohboy>, the Oh Boy web page. Downloaded April 8, 1996.
Wild, David. "Tuning Into Prine Time." Rolling Stone, February 20, 1992, pp. 15 & 16.
©Brian Frain 1997-1999